In 1955, the Tarrant County Archeological Society was organized through the efforts of Robert E. Forrester and others from the Dallas Archeological Society. This new society had a slow and uncertain start. The first monthly announcement of a TCAS meetings was in 1959 and the first newsletter with substantial articles was published in November 1975. This Society has grown in 60 plus years into an active society that is preserving north central Texas history.
In November 2018, the Tarrant County Archeological Society voted to change the name to North Texas Archeological Society, since almost half the members live in the many different counties across North Texas.
North Texas Archeological Society
P.O. Box 24679, Ft. Worth, Texas 76124
Copyright © 2021 North Texas Archeological Society. All rights reserved. any use of content downloaded or printed from this site is limited to non-commercial personal or educational use, including “fair use” as defined by U.S. copyright laws.
Powered by GoDaddy